After my last post my dear blogging friend Tracy sent me an e-mail and asked me what my plan was? (sorry for not responding Tracy, I’ve been pretty busy the last week!) I’ve been thinking about this question since receiving that e-mail. I keep reminding myself that I need to get this under control or I’ll be right back to where I started which is certainly not an option. Nope, not an option at all! Last night, after feeling completely bloated and like I gained 10 lbs overnight I really sat back and thought about what I need to do.
I came up with the following:
- I need to drink more water – I am so dehydrated its crazy. I can feel it in my skin, hair, etc.
- I need to eliminate my sugar intake – the amount I’ve been ingesting for months now is absurd!
- Carbs – yep you guessed it, I need to limit my intake of these bad boys.. I don’t eat bread BUT I eat my fair share of crackers
- I need to move more, I’ve gotten back in the habit of sitting on my rump way too much! I’ve got the 30 day shred and some kettle bell exercise DVD’s that I’m going to start using. Also want to start running again.
- Find some “me” time to reflect on my journey and remind myself why I need to keep moving forward
- Stop drinking with my meals
This morning, I woke up and got on the scale. I wasn’t pleased with the number and had gained a few lbs. This was enough to jolt me and realize I’m heading in the wrong direction! I’m still at over 150 lbs lost but I want it to be more and definitely don’t want to see that number decrease anymore.
So, starting today I’m going to try to stick to a high protein diet. For those that are reading and are not a WLS patient, those who have had surgery really need to focus on protein and need a lot more than the average person. The plan is to have a protein shake for breakfast and lunch, with a few high protein snacks (Cheese, greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs) throughout the day and then a sensible dinner. I’m also going to reach for water instead of mindlessly eating. This will hopefully help me eliminate sugars from sweets that are not needed and unwanted carbs from things such as crackers. I just need to remind myself how much I actually enjoy my high protein snacks and if I feel like I’m hungry it may actually just be thirst!
I’m also going to get up and move a little more today. Bring the pups for a walk and get out at lunch with the hubs.
So, there you have it.. My plan to get me back on track. Feel free to check in on me and send little reminders.. sometimes you need them!
Hope y’all have a fantastic day!